Monday, March 28, 2011

What Got Us Here [Part 2]




Title: What Got Us Here
Rating: NC-17, overall; PG-13 this chapter.
Summary: A little bit of fluff, a little bit of lovin’; the little (and big) moments that lead Rob & Kristen through Breaking Dawn filming.
Disclaimer: I don’t own them but they kinda own me.
Notes: The song I used is Skinny Love by Bon Iver, chose by allmannerofsins. Not beta'ed.

Previous Chapters: Prologue| Part 1


“You okay?” Rob asked quietly after they’d settled down into their seats on the plane.

Kristen nodded as she glanced around nervously. She didn’t trust people. If she’d learned one thing over the years, it was that the word ‘privacy’ meant absolutely nothing to a lot of people.

Feeling his hand squeeze her knee, she glanced back over at him and gave a weary smile. “I’m okay,” she assured him.

She reached into the pocket of her hoodie and pulled out her iPod, placing the earbuds in her ears.

Without asking, he reached over and took the iPod from her hand and scrolled through it until he found the playlist he’d made her.

She watched him curiously as he hit a button and the opening chords to Skinny Love flooded her ears.

Her head jerked over to him and he threw her a sideways grin.

She leaned back and closed her eyes as she let the lyrics he’d chosen sink in.

I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
Now all your love is wasted?
Then who the hell was I?
Now I’m breaking at the britches
And at the end of all your lines

Who will love you?
Who will fight?
Who will fall far behind?


When the song was over, she turned to look at his sleeping form, suddenly unable to stop the swelling in her heart. He was sweet, gentle, funny, and he understood her like nobody else.

He was perfect; she was sure of it.

.:||:.

“What are you grinning about?” she asked as she joined him in the bedroom of their hotel suite.

“I have a good feeling about this place,” he said, pulling her towards him so that she was standing between his legs.

She smiled and ran her hands through his hair. “Me too,” she said softly. She bent down to kiss him. “By the way, thank you for the surprise playlist.”

“Did you like it?”

She nodded. “I loved it,” she said, climbing over him and pushing him backwards onto the bed. “I love you.”

He framed her face in his hands and held her gaze for a moment. “I love you,” he returned. “So much.”

.:||:.

A few hours later, they were rested, showered, and satiated.

“I need a cigarette before we leave,” Rob said, heading towards the balcony. He turned back and winked at her. “You can join me if you like.”

She raised her eyebrows, hearing the silent challenge that his teasing held.

He went outside and she slipped her sunglasses on, grabbed her cigarettes off the nightstand and joined him outside.

He almost choked on the drag he’d just taken but recovered quickly.

A crowd was beginning to gather below and he grinned at her before waving to the screaming girls below.

“I never thought you’d do it,” he murmured, stepping away from the railing.

“You should know better by now,” she said, grinning. “I know a dare when I hear one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment