Rating: PG-13
Summary: Normal is a statistic based upon a majority.
Disclaimer: I don't own them
{Trailer}
“Expecting company?” Kristen teased at the knock on Rob’s trailer door.
“No,” he said, putting his guitar down and moving to open the door.
“Hi! I brought you some coffee...not the Irish kind, though,” Nikki exclaimed, pushing her way past Rob, despite his protests. She stopped short when she saw Kristen sitting on the couch, guitar in her arms. “Oh, did I interrupt something?” she asked.
“Actually, I was teaching Kristen some new chords,” Rob said, pushing his way between the two.
“Oh, can I watch?”
“Err...” Rob stumbled but Kristen came to his rescue.
“I’d rather not, Nik. I’m still pretty awful.” She reached out and took the coffee that Nikki still held. “Rob doesn’t need any caffeine but I’ll take this,” she said sweetly.
“Uh, sure,” Nikki stuttered as she moved back towards the door, eyeing them suspiciously.
“Sorry,” Rob mumbled after the door closed.
“She thinks I’m stupid and naive,” Kristen said bitterly. “But I’m not.”
She stood and made her way into the tiny bathroom, dumping the coffee into the toilet.
{Nikki}
Kristen wasn’t naive. Or stupid. She was an actress.
Nikki had “taken her under her wings” as a favor to Michael.
Kristen snorted to herself as she replayed that conversation in her mind.
A knock on the door interrupted and she took a deep breath before opening it.
“Hey.”
She grinned in spite of her bad mood. “Hey,” she said, pulling him inside.
“What’s going on? You sounded upset on the phone.”
She ignored his question as she pushed him up against the door and attacked his lips.
“Kris-”
“Shhhh,” she whispered. “Please, I don’t want to think right now. I just want to feel.”
She could hide her negative feelings towards Nikki. But she couldn’t fight her feelings for Rob. Not anymore.
{Michael}
“Stop it!” Kristen exclaimed.
“Stop what? Trying to hold my girlfriend’s hand?” Michael demanded, his eyes darkening with anger.
“I’m not your girlfriend anymore, Michael, and you know it.”
“Tssk tssk, Kristen. That’s not what the public is supposed to think.”
She glared at him. “Yeah, well, let’s see how long that lasts,” she said with an eerie calmness to her voice.
She slipped on a pair of flip-flops and started towards the hotel room door. “Where are you going?” he demanded.
She smirked. “I’d tell you if you still had any right to know.”
She was ready to take her life back.
{Hotel}
He’d slipped her the keycard earlier that day when they’d met Catherine for dinner.
Michael had excused himself to the restroom and Rob and grabbed her hand under the table, sliding the piece of plastic into her fingers. She hadn’t needed to ask what it was; she simply slipped it into the pocket of her jeans, all the while, carrying on a polite conversation with Catherine.
She took a deep breath before sliding the card into the slot and watching as it lit up green, the clicking up the lock resonating through the empty hallway.
He was passed out on the bed, snoring slightly.
She smiled to herself before climbing onto the mattress beside him and curling into his side.
No comments:
Post a Comment