Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Somewhere I Wanna Go [Drabble Set for Angst Prompt Table]

Title: Somewhere I Wanna Go (Airport, Jealousy, In-Laws)
Rating: PG
Summary: Normal is a statistic based upon a majority.
Disclaimer: I don’t own them but they kinda own me.
Notes: As always, thanks to my darling allmannerofsins. I’m forever your ho. :)




Prompt Table 3: Angst
1.2.3.4.5.
{In-Laws}{Jealousy}{Frustrated}{Tears}{Sin}
6.7.8.9.10.
{Lonely}{Ache}{Rain}{Flowers}{Airport}

{Airport} Too Long 
Kristen clutched Rob’s hand in the back of Ruth’s car.

“Do you want me to walk in with you?”

She shook her head, sighing heavily. “I do but you shouldn’t.”

“I don’t care about them, Kris,” he said, and she wasn’t sure if he was talking about their management or the paparazzi that would surely be stalking her. Both, maybe.

The car pulled up to the curb and Ruth & John got out of the car to remove the bags from the trunk, giving them a moment alone.

“It won’t be long,” he whispered, kissing her below her ear.

“It’s still too long,” she whispered back.


{Jealousy} Wish You Were Here
Kristen felt her face grow hot as she stared at the picture of her barely-smiling boyfriend next to Nikki, who wore a cat-that-ate-the-canary grin.

We missed you tonight! the text read.

Kristen didn’t bother to reply. Instead, she dialed Rob’s number, not caring that it was 3AM back home.

“H’lo?”

“Tell me she didn’t touch you.”

“What? Who?” His voice was thick with sleep and confusion.

“Nikki. Tell me she didn’t touch you.”

He chuckled. “You’re cute when you’re jealous. Even though you woke me up, love.”

She growled.

“That whore better steer clear of me,” she grumbled.

“She didn’t touch me.”


{In-Laws} Family
“Good morning sweetheart,” Clare greeted her as she entered the kitchen.

“Morning,” Kristen whispered shyly.

“Did you sleep well?”

“Yeah,” she said, sighing wistfully as she thought about being wrapped in sheets that smelled like Rob.

Clare ruffled her hair as she sat down next to her, placing a cup of tea in front of her.

“It’s strange being here without him,” Kristen said softly.

“I know, dear girl. But he’ll be here with you before you know it.”

Kristen reached over and squeezed her hand. “Thank you for asking me to stay here.”

Clare waved her off. “Thank you for making my boy happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment